


Yesterday was my last day working at my school. I was working there as a long-term sub. This is the same school I did my first student teaching at. As I was cleaning out the classroom I can hear the janitor walking this lady around campus. To my disbelief it was the new 6th grade teacher....aaaahhhhhh! A huge disappointment took over me. I had applied for that position but apparently did not get it. I thought I would of had a chance since I know all the staff, parents, and of course the students. I am bummed out because as of this point I don't know if I will have a teaching job at the beginning of the school year. I am working summer school at my school site. I will be working moderate/serve special education. It really sucks not knowing where I will be working next school year. I will miss all the great people I have worked with at my school site. I will miss the wonderful office ladies, the students from all grade levels greeting me each morning, the lunches in the lounge, and my collegures. I don't do well with changes and I know firsthand how other teachers and staff treat the "newbies". I don't consider myself a "newbie" because of my experience, but we shall see where I end up. Cross your fingers I get a good teaching position.

No comments:
Post a Comment