Monday, June 8, 2009
My New Workout
I went over to my aunts house this weekend because she had a lunch for my mother-in-law. While I was there I decided to try out the Wii Fit because I have been wanting one. I decided to try it out after my little nephew, Christopher took his time making me a "Wii Me". I had to do all the exercise so it could check out my BMI, etc. After all the little test it did, I had the fitness age of a 45 year old. At first, I thought okay this is just a machine and can it really determine how fit I am based on what I just did on this balance board???? I decided to try the hula-hoop activity and boy did it get my heart racing. Everyone was laughing at my abilities. I felt my aunt's house feeling so out of shape!!!! So Sunday night. I finally decided I would buy a Wii Fit. I went over to Target and before I bought the Fit, I asked the sales guy if the Fit was better than the Active Sports. He said Wii Fit was more for fun and if I was looking for a workout that the Active Sports was better. I contemplated on which item I should buy. I finally decided to go with the Wii Active Sports. I couldn't wait to try it out, but Chuck was watching the Laker & Magic game. Then I started to feel more sick (I have a cold). My brother and I decided to eat healthy today and had a salad, so I figured I would work out too. I got the Wii Active set-up and picked a workout. It was suppose to last 20 minutes and I was suppose to burn 80 calories. It was like a mini-training and it took me about 35 minutes to finish. I was sweating and my heart was racing really fast. The funny part was every time I would do a certain exercise wrong the damn machine would tell me. I wasn't expecting to feel anything or full it to really be an intense workout. It has me doing lunches, squats, back leg kicks(which I couldn't do, biceps, high knee kicks, boxing, running, etc. I burned 100 calories and got a little trophy for my accomplishment. I was sweating so much afterward and I picked an easy workout. I can't wait to actually get going with this and hopefully finish it through.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment