Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Newly Wed


I recently got married on the 16th of May. I got married in Julian, CA. It was a beautiful day, a little hot but I can't really complain( I grew up in the desert). Overall I think my wedding was what I wanted.
Everyone keeps asking me if it was the wedding I had always pictured, but in all honestly I never really pictured myself getting married. My husband and I decided to have our wedding in Julian because it was something different and we really liked the idea of having our wedding in the woods. Plus, we wanted our dog to be a part of our ceremony and Pine Hills Lodge allowed us to have her. It was a little chaos planning a wedding. People kept asking me questions I really did not have answers to. It was even chaos to the moment I walked down the aisle. My wedding planning started last summer, my godmother decided she would buy our wedding cake, one of my cousins offered lots of wedding ideas(about the colors, invites, and dresses), my mom started saving, and we struggled with the idea on how to plan a wedding. Throughout the year we did a little wedding planning here and there, but the majority of our plans all occurred within the month of our wedding.
In the end, I think my wedding was beautiful.I got to celebrate my special day with the people I love and cherish the most.

No comments: